Keep Yourselves in the Love of God
17 But you, beloved, ought to remember the words that were spoken beforehand by the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ,
18 that they were saying to you, “ In the last time there will be mockers, following after their own ungodly lusts.”
19 These are the ones who cause divisions, worldly- minded, devoid of the Spirit.
20 But you, beloved, building yourselves up on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Spirit,
21 keep yourselves in the love of God, waiting anxiously for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ to eternal life.
22 And have mercy on some, who are doubting;
23 save others, snatching them out of the fire; and on some have mercy with fear, hating even the garment polluted by the flesh.
Introduction: Chiastic Structure of Jude
to Glorify God (1-2)
of Spiritual Terrorists (4-16)
1. Recognition of the Desires of Jude (1-2)
2. Recognition of the Directive for the Church (3)
3. Recognition of the Dangers of False Teachers (4)
4. Recognition of the Damnation of Sin and Apostates (5-7)
5. Recognition of the Description of Apostates (6-16)
6. Recognition of the Defense of the Faith (17-23)
There are three (3) absolute duties of the defender of the faith so that we are able to contend earnestly for the faith and protect the purity of the church.
A. Keep yourselves in the love of God
C. Wait anxiously
C. Haters / Filth mongers